Names of 18th-century beauty patches
Beauty marks had names! And I find them hilarious.
Tag Archives: vc adjacent
what if werewolves had people teeth
Cool! weird and i dont like it!
Spent the afternoon reading and translating some french documents from the 1800s ✍
OMG LOOK AT THIS… @morganeskylar shared this w/ me. Dark Love has these deliciously goth chocolate collections at reasonable prices, no less.
EDIT: September 22, 2018: People have been cutting off the original caption which has the link to buy these, and then later reblogs accuse OP of not having the link! So I edited the original post so the link is above the caption, AND to include Dark Love’s NEW OFFERING: the Undead collection!
DARK LOVE 6 PIECE UNDEAD COLLECTION
One of each of the new Undead flavors: First Love (cherry amaretto), Facade (peppermint), Immortal (peach marzipan), Hellsing (toffee coconut), Devil’s Claim (whiskey caramel), Elysian (peanut butter)
I bought the original set and they were delicious, a coven party in my mouth, A++++ highly recommend.
Never let the sadness of your past, and the fear of the future, destroy the happiness of the present.
Me hunting with my vampire friends: cracking open a boy with the cold ones
one time i was on an old street in glasgow and i made a loud joke about vampires and as i did this beautiful man with long hair on the other side of the street made direct eye contact with me and then ten minutes later he walked by again and looked at me and I still count that on my list of the five closest times I’ve ever come to dying
likely: I am just too loud to not look at in public places and he was just lost downtown
also likely: vampire, scoping me out for the kill
maybe the vampire just thought you were hot and funny?
a vampire finding u hot and interesting is AS bad as them finding you ugly and annoying as far as the Trying To Remain Human And Alive thing goes
It must be hard for the vampire too. Technically as they prey on humans for their blood, they rank higher than us in the food chain. To them, we are but sentient sandwiches. A vampire finding a human attractive has my eternal sympathy, because it’s basically like falling in love with a sandwich and that must be difficult to process.
Any vampire can see me like a human sandwich and I’d still want to be around them. Are there vampires? I’m in! ❤
You’re a fucking vampire APOLOGIST. What are you even saying rn
I DON’T!!! APOLOGIZE FOR ANYONE WHO IS. ACTIVELY EATING ME!!! AS MY FRIEND I HOPE YOU WOULDn"T EITHER
Human anatomy is the strangest thing. by Elsa Bleda
9 Sapphic book recs (that aren’t contemporary YA)
I used to complain about there not being enough bi or lesbian main female characters in books, until about a year ago when I realised there are a fuckload of f/f books out there and it would be almost impossible to read them all.
As a present to you, here’s some good ones:
- Historical bi French lady who crossdresses and is an opera singer and swordswoman: Goddess by Kelly Gardiner
- Lesbian gladiatrix from Sparta: Gladiatrix series by Russell Whitfield (tw: rape)
- Cyber lesbians saving the world: Counting to Zero by A.J. Quinn
- Historical? wlw warriors: When Women Were Warriors by Catherine M. Wilson (I’ve only read the first book so far, but I expect the others are just as good)
- Lesbians in historical/fantasy harem: Nights of Silk and Sapphire by Amber Jacobs
- Early lesbian and vampire lit: Carmilla by J. Sheridan
- Historical lesbians caught in natural disaster: Shaken to the Core by Jae
- 1920s f/f romance turned crime novel: The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters
- Light, humorous f/f fantasy: The Second Mango by Shira Glassman
Disclaimer: Some of these have explicit sex scenes, some do not. Some have happy endings, some have ambiguous or not happy endings.