Cab Stand at Madison Square Garden, 1900 by Sanna Dullaway
I just bought this as a canvas print for my new office, I love it! I wanted to commission some fanart for the office but didn’t want to explain why I have a portrait of a hot blonde guy or a gorgeous dark-haired guy, or a portrait of them both…
This looks to me like a photo Armand coordinated, sending a mortal out during the day to take pics in an area of New York City that he liked at night, and then Armand colorizing that photo by hand. So it’s a teensy VC reference for me while still being wholly appropriate for public display ^_______^
Anne Rice’s Interview With the Vampire
Is this the coolest cover you’ve ever seen or what?? Lestat would be …. so offended by it
Ivory dildo, possibly French, c 18th century. Science Museum,
Science Society An ivory dildo in the form of an erect
penis, complete with a contrivance for simulating ejaculation
Some years they stay together, if they’ve gathered for the holidays leading up to New Year’s Eve, I would think at someone’s home that can accommodate a large group or they rent a house somewhere. Whoever is hosting sends out the fanciest invitations, each year the current host tries to one-up the previous year’s card 😉
I’d imagine a gathering would look smtg like this, black-tie affair at times (but they’d bring casual clothes, too):
[^X Henry Patrick Raleigh (1880–1944)]
And they do the stuff they normally do when they gather:
- Coven Game Night where some fool challenges Louis to cards and gets their ass handed back to them, even if/when they attempt to cheat
- exchanging gifts – Daniel and Lestat compete in giving the best gag gifts.
- there’s teasing each other about all the VC books, from the oldest to the most recent “So that ghostwriter of yours-” “DON’T YOU START WITH ME, ARMAND.”
- Sharing pics they’ve taken from their year’s travels
- Watching movies together in fancy screening rooms with couches, blankets, and pillows
- improvised jam sessions for the musicians in the group
- artsy sessions for the artistic ones in the group, although they do invite everyone, and Gabrielle has done a few gorgeous fingerpaintings that Lestat treasures
- dancing to the improvised music or someone DJ’ing recorded music
- BONFIRE and/or FIREWORKS (outside tho!)
- Inviting very special mortal friends over for “drinks,” wherein the mortals are aware and consent to get drunk and then share 😉
- marriage counseling (come on, cabin fever sets in and at least one pairing gets into a fight every time).
- shameless flirting (sometimes causes the fighting that needs marriage counseling)
Other years, they go their separate ways and celebrate NYE on their home territory, or in smaller groupings.
LOL… um, I’ve only seen “Loustat” being used as a ship name for Louis/Lestat, in my decades of fandom I’ve never seen “Marmand” before. VC fandom tends not to be as into ship names, from what I’ve seen, but hey, I can see it taking off!
Fandom: Do you like “Marmand”?… Reminds me of Marmite… Has anyone tried this? I have a friend who LOVES Marmite.